Monday, June 30, 2008

Mandala Day










"Spider making a mandala"

Our first day at camp, I decided the easiest thing to do was color and decided to have Mandala Day! I found some great tracers and gave the kids a blank circle. Depending on the grade, we talked about mandalas and just let them express themselves.....
Some were pretty intense... even first graders understood and made some really beautiful ones.
I clipped them to the fence to display them and we had a mandala exhibit.

It turned out to be a really nice, relaxing day and the weather was great, too!
Even I made one :-)

4 comments:

Cheryl Finley said...

Doreen...lots of happy campers I see! They..and the mandalas are gorgeous. It's just something about them that brings a smile to the heart, and insight to the mind.

Beautiful!
Cheryl

cjbc said...

Those are beautiful!

NicciN said...

This is so wonderful. They did such great work. My 3 year old likes to draw some with me. His are interesting and we do some together. I should post his. Thanks for sharing the experience.

Anonymous said...

Me again,
I just love looking at kids' art. and the "spider making a mandala" looked just lik that! I see this is a perfect project for all ages...