Sunday, June 08, 2008

Journal pages

Intending to come to the page to work on a mandala, this came up instead. Inka Dreams kept repeating in my mind. I have been focused on bringing balance into my life and this turned out to be a top. When the top can spin and be in balance... all around us moving, but we remain centered. It is like being in the center of the wheel.
Centered. Balanced.

I started out scribbling with watercolor crayons, blocking in some color. Later I pulled things out, adding line. "Sometimes we need to create our own path by walking it." On the bottom it says, You have a choice. Follow the path that is already there or create your own path. As with everything, I have always strived for being original... walking a path that was true to myself.
Keeping on the theme of paths... First chakra. Foundation. Home. No matter where we go in life, it is good to come home.

3 comments:

Cheryl Finley said...

Oh Doreen,
These are marvelous. Inka Dreams..I can feel the balance in the gentle breeze, it's still in balance; walking our own path...and love the first chakra "home"-- wow! I love them all. It's so gratifying to see the unique interpretations of what's going on with eacha other...and how we can be inspired by it all.

Leah said...

i love your journal pages, doreen. the top and the sense of balance is such a great image.

Anonymous said...

Doreen,
I just love your artwork. The mandalas from the "mandalas at mom's, especially the one with the paint brushes and smaller circles of art expression -- that is So cool! It's great to have such a variety available. ALL of yur work makes my heart smile, and inspires me to get out there more, attempting "art" myself (other than my abstracts) I'd love to take a class with you!


I must check out those twinkling
H20s - (and watercolor crayons (i have some of the Caran D'arch, is that the same thing?) Glad you're a part of the Oasis :)