Friday, January 06, 2006

Day 5 "Having Faith"


This one comes with a story:
I had a running conversation in my mind about death. A friend of mine recently passed and I had just shopped for a project I was doing in her honor. In the car on the ride home I imagined this conversation with me telling the girls that I did not believe in death as being the end, that our soul continues and thinking of John Edwards, the medium, what would Ginny say. I imagined saying "I believe this 99%, no 991/2%, 99.95%! (Leaving room for error :-)"
I thought of her spirit being in the room as we would be creating our projects.... One the radio I hear a song, and catch a phrase about 99%. Thinking, am I hearing right? I turn up the radio, listening intently and the lyric is "99 1/2 % is not good enough". Taken aback at first, but felt this revitalized feeling and unable to take the grin off my face for the rest of the day....
Coincidence?????
So last night I forced myself into the back room and created these leaves. I used prismacolor pencils on black paper. As I was drawing the water drops, they reminded me of tears.
On the back reads:
Tears of Sadness. Letting go. Loss
Do you believe in the continuation of the soul? I was 99 1/2% sure.
"Well, 99 1/2% is not good enough!"
100%. That is what moves mountains. Be certain. Have no doubts. Do not concern yourself with the judgement of others... be concerned with your own beliefs.
Yes, I do believe with all my heart and continuing soul.
We continue.

No comments: