Thursday, July 17, 2008

A new theme...


Here are a few drying...

Yesterday, we spent the day painting mandalas and embellishing them as well. I decided to create flower mandalas as decorations for the camp carnival and show. We usually have a theme to camp and this year it's New York, but since we don't have a music teacher, the theme for the camp show is Disney, different than the show........ I decided to do generic decorations rather than decorate for two themes.

Being that the kids really got into the mandalas, I decided to take the poster boards an have them paint and decorate, add some stems and we'll place them down the walkway...
Fantasy Flowers!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I stumbled across your blog a few weeks ago, really loving what I see!

I am a new emerging artist, in my forties. It took me this long to find my inner artist. Mandalas are new to me also. I have only colored pre-made ones so far.

I am teaching art and math classes in our homeschool co-op in the Fall. i am wondering if you could give me some pointers on creating mandalas with 8 and 9 year olds.

Thank you!

Cynthia