Thursday, March 08, 2007

Focus on the NOW

I received this email from The Daily Guru today:
YOU CAN OPEN ANY DOOR WITH CONCENTRATION
The first law of success is concentration. Bend all of your energies to one point, and go directly to that point, looking neither to the right nor the left. Concentration is the magic key that opens the door to accomplishment. Success is the result of well directed energy. You can, in time, become what you earnestly desire to be, if you set your face in the direction of the things you want and bring all your powers to bear towards its attainment. When your physical and mental resources are focused, your power to solve problems multiplies tremendously. To do two things at once is to do neither. Nothing can add more power to your life as much as concentrating all your energies on a limited set of targets. The sun's rays do not burn until brought to a focus.

This is something I need to bring myself back to. Focusing on the task at hand.
It is so easy for me to get overwhelmed because I have chosen to take on multiple tasks.
Yes.
I want to do it all.
I enjoy doing what I do, so I want to do more of it.
And I usually plod along, until I get paniced and realize a deadline is creeping up - sometimes a few at the same time. uh-oh.
This is when the universe intercedes and gives me a blessing. A snow day. I had the day to myself yesterday to work on my metal project. I gave it my undivided attention. That is what makes the difference.
Today I am going to look at some walls in a children's day care center. Adding one more thing to give my attention to. It gets added to the list.
I'm thankful there IS a list.
I just have to keep it from distracting me. Stop looking at it all at once. See what it directly in front of me. Focus on the task at hand.
Move up the ladder one step at a time.
Be here now.

No comments: