Saturday, March 03, 2007

Eclipse

Although this looks like a cresent moon, it is a full moon. A lunar eclipse.
We went to the beach to watch the moon rise and see this eclipse. There were quite a few people there waiting. I kept my eye on the horizon expecting to see it rise from the water, when a child came over talking about it, Seeing it. All of a sudden I spotted it, a dim reddish disc already above the horizon.
The girl's mom, now standing besides us, John initiating conversation. One conversation leading to the next when she mentioned the Marshlands. I love the Marshlands. She proceedes to tell the story of the time they were there and saw a baby deer, telling how the kids were getting close to the baby, until the buck came. As she was talking about it, I realized....
I was there! I told her it was me, who came over to them and how we all ran when the girls screamed the buck was coming. And here we were sharing another unusual site. Life is funny how we cross paths with one another.
They left and we took up conversation with a couple on the other side of us. They had a dog that looked like Rauchen. More connections.....
We watched most of it ~ seeing the moon become unveiled behind the shadow.
What wonders are we capable of unveiling? What remains hidden in our subconscious or in our soul that is ready to be unveiled?

1 comment:

Jody said...

Dear Doreen, I always enjoy visiting your blog, or reading what you write in other Yahoo Groups, you always make my day, I do so enjoy how you view things in life. Plus I just love your artwork, of course I have told you that many times...I am still waiting for a calendar designed by Doreen so I can look at your artwork every day hanging on my wall...so please when? sigh because I know you are having so much fun being creative....

Hugs Jody from 56 degree temps in New Mexico