Sunday, March 12, 2006

Day 69 "unattached"

We have entered into deep waters here. In yoga class, we are now at the 5th Chakra, the throat area. This is where we leave matter behind, the elements of the earth and enter spirit, ether. The yama that we are relating to this chakra is
"Aparigraha" or Non-attachment. This is a big problem for me, for I am very attached to stuff.
As I was drawing this, I screwed up on hands being in prayer, so I cut them off and then continued to cut up the rest of the paper around the head... ok, so there's some non-attachment!
Ironically, all week, issues of loss and attachment came up. I really need to let go of stuff, up to my neck in it you might say. One of my favorite stamps is one with a quote by Steven Wright, "You can't have everything... Where would you put it?" Yeah, I know intellectually that all I ever need is provided, it's all here on the Earth. No need to hoard.. but I am so attached, emotionally. And as an artist, there are so many possibilities to all this stuff.
Interesting too, my throat has been my most vulnerable spot for sickness.. the sore throat. Maybe it's time to let go of being attached to the non-attachment...

No comments: