Saturday, August 25, 2007

Ready for change

We are back from vacation.
Time to get serious about the new year. What changes will come about?
I spent the day cleaning and decluttering. Putting away supplies from the summer. It seems to grow, all this stuff. I released a lot of books to free up some room.
When you let things go, it's a good indication that you have grown.
Sometimes I hold on too tightly, always thinking I could recycle it in some way, turn it into an art project :-)
I thought I would alter a set of encyclopedias. Oh yeah, right. I did rip out some interesting pictures though. I must be in a certain mood to do this. "I don't give a shit" mood. Let it go. It is usually when I have had enough. It's also coming back from vacation where there is more space, so when we come home, I am ready to clean house. It's also a preparation for my new year. New classes, new opportunities, new projects. I want to be ready.
January being the beginning of a new year is so wrong. Ideally it should be Spring, but other than that it should be in September when the new school year begins.
I'm ready for some change.

No comments: