Tuesday, October 03, 2006

Head in the Clouds

All weekend we talked about having our head in the clouds...literally.
Today in my mail box was Head in the Clouds, a "cloud meditation" from Daily Om.
Nice weekend.
I did have an insightful moment too.
Monday morning I woke up realizing how lucky I am and had a deep sense of gratefulness. Gratefulness is a path I fell off of this past summer. Yikes! I had forgotten. This was the "theme" to my daily devotions and I had forgotten. How did this happen??
I had become a bit (a bit?!) self-absorbed with the way things had turned out - not the way I had planned...(we all know how that goes). Well, our weekend had some glitches with it also. We (John) broke the sink in the bathroom... don't ask...and all I could think of was "they will never let us come back" and what will this cost me...
What it cost was an awakening. The owners are really nice (and handy) and were not in the least upset by it. Either that, they completely fooled us. They fixed the sink and said it was no big deal. This cabin is 120 miles north of us and feels like we are in a foreign country. The people are friendly and there is so much beauty around. Even clouds take on a certain splendor.
So I think my head finally came out of the clouds... the fog lifting... and I began to appreciate all that great stuff again. All the blessings that are around me, all the beauty that is out there. I realized it was this that I had forgotten. I got side tracked. Took the wrong path. I need to take out my pens and twinkling H2O's and play again. Maybe I'll play with some clouds :-)

No comments: