Tuesday, March 02, 2010

windows of the soul

They say the eyes are the windows to the soul.
My eyes change.
They will appear greener if I wear green, sometimes more gray.. grayish blue.
They change... I change.
I constantly find myself looking for direction.. sometimes I seek direction by going within through meditation and sometimes out side my self through reflections in the world.
Synchronicity, Astrology, and feedback from other people.
Looking.. seeking.. Seeing
Sometimes we just cannot see things clearly within ourselves, because of messages we have heard. Those messages have been "contaminated" by inadequate hearing.
For instance, I thought I had a terrible voice. I attribute it to my inability to sing solo in music class in childhood. It wasn't until I taught yoga that people told me how soothing my voice was.
Sheesh. All those times I hesitated to sing, speak up..
Sometimes we think we cannot do something - lack the confidence or courage,
but we CAN!
Sometimes we think we are going in the right direction, but something else comes along and we discover something new and wonderful about ourselves.
We learn a new skill.
We learn a new technique, choose a new art medium and CHANGE!
we are on a new path....
We discover new ways of doing things because we took the risk of going down a new road.
We learn there is more than one way to get where we are going.
We learn it's ok to change direction.
If you looked into my eyes would you see what I see?
Would I see myself in you.
You in me.
Would I see the similarities or the differences?
Do we see our souls deep within and see we are the spark of the Divine....
each making up the Eternal Light.
My path may not be as direct as yours.. it may have less adventure, less heart ache,
more groundedness,
less exciting.
There are times when my path seemed long and challenging,
but I took in the sights, found the beauty where I thought there was none,
and came to a new understanding.
It is through my eyes seeking direction that I've come upon so much love.
That is what matters.
What I do see with my eyes is that it's all good.
I don't have to take the same path as you in order to feel good about myself.
Today I saw many smiling faces, and I took that as affirmation that this path I am on right now is the right path for me. When the path holds joyfulness and warmth, I will continue on it.
In the end, all these paths lead home... so enjoy the one your are on.

1 comment:

Eden said...

What a wonderful post! Change is good and we are always changing whether consciously or not.