Friday, October 02, 2009

Art Show - part 1

Between the Earth and Sky:
A Chakra Box
Taking the Middle Way, the path of heart
This one was probably the most popular one of the assemblages/shrines.
Me and John as things began to wind down. I'm next to The Vision Box.
I loved how this one complemented the "eye of love" next to it.

This is the inside of Excavating the Heart. The back of it reads:
"I think you are searching for a heart of gold," she said.
"Yes, and I had to dig deep to find it."
The more open the heart,
the deeper one loves.




Take the pearl, leave the shell. Inspired by Rumi. All these found at Rye beach, except the doll head which I "inherited" from Margaret.



Breathe: Follow the Path of Passion.
As I was creating this, I was influenced by a book my brother and I are reading and it evolved into a piece dedicated to him. It's about finding your path in life, following your passion, your bliss. When one does, everything falls into place... like these assemblages :-)
My brother creates beautiful ponds, loves nature... a natural gardener. We share a commonality in the love of nature... so this one is for him.
Need to go eat... and I'll post more later.





1 comment:

Chaska Peacock said...

Wow! I had no idea you had been this prolific!!!! My most favorite is "Breathe". I so wish I could paint detail on wood like you do. It's fabulous!