Thursday, September 03, 2009

Mandala Insights..

Fiesta Sun
Eye Dream

Medicine Shield
Looking back over my mandala journal, I've noticed that red is not a color I'll use too often. I'll work with a deep red or a magenta, using a bit of red as accent.
I hardly wear red.
So this was a thought that came about, more like a question... really.
Why the attraction to red? I'm using it more often in my recent work.
Red , a color of the first chakra, to me is a cry for some grounding.
I tend to take on a variety of jobs (Gemini midheaven) and I can get pretty scattered with my energy, especially when clients want it done at the same time.
At the same time, getting all this work is energizing. A pattern, healthy or not, that I see as "working best under stress"... I get it done when the pressure is ON.
So, once again, I look to the happy medium, the center ground (grounding) where I can balance work and play (my own art).
Being self-employed, I take it all on, because one never knows - old thinking!
It's always there and sometimes it pours.
This is a habit that dies hard, although there are a few jobs I did say no to recently. More for fear of totally losing it though. I felt I was on the edge...
scary.
A new season, with a return to a different schedule (more to my liking, I might add) and with it a need to bring my self-discipline to working in a timely manner. (no procrastinating!)
Getting the work done, but leaving room for myself.. my Self.
So this is my medicine shield for now, a reminder to ground myself and to be in balance.
Stand strong. Rooted.
and then take off.....
upwards into the creative realm.
Bliss.




2 comments:

Unknown said...

Your medicine shield speaks to me big time of personal power. Everything else flows from that when you know who you are. I think Saturn in Virgo the past two years has really helped with that for me. There is great strength in that shield. And I see a lot of flow in your mandalas too. As always, a joy to behold.

couragetocreatewriteandlove said...

when i see these reminds of i need to go back and make another mandala...
wonderful artwork!