Monday, January 05, 2009

Shed the skin and shine!


Back to mandalas... I took out my watercolor book New Year's eve and worked for awhile, just seeing what would come up. The snake materialized as I took my pen around the outside of the circle, the line becoming thinner as I went around. aha. Snake. Ouroboros - the snake that eats it's own tail. The cycle begins again.. eternal return.. spiraling inward and outward, enclosing the elements of air, water, fire, earth... separate and yet whole, entering within to become one.
We appear separate and yet we are not. We are all part of the whole - together- journeying this life on this planet... sometimes feeling apart or a part.
Cycles of life. days, weeks, months, years, decades, centuries... eras. Cycles of the moon, the sun, the planets, the galaxies... Jupiter enters Aquarius today and will be in my sign for about a year.
I like this.. Jupiter is about expansion.. to me it's a planet of luck. It's in my 5th house - house of creativity. This is where my Sun calls home in my chart. Jupiter will come kiss my sun in mid Feb.
It's my intention this year to embrace my how my soul wants to express itSelf. .. Follow those passions, without doubting or second-guessing the audacity of coming out to Shine.
Who am I to be brilliant? Who am I not to be brilliant?? The words of Marianne Williamson's has touched a generation of women, to come out and shine....
“Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure. It is our light, not our darkness that most frightens us. We ask ourselves, Who am I to be brilliant, gorgeous, talented, fabulous? Actually, who are you not to be? You are a child of God. Your playing small does not serve the world. There is nothing enlightened about shrinking so that other people won't feel insecure around you. We are all meant to shine, as children do. We were born to make manifest the glory of God that is within us. It's not just in some of us; it's in everyone. And as we let our own light shine, we unconsciously give other people permission to do the same. As we are liberated from our own fear, our presence automatically liberates others.”

7 comments:

Stacy Wills said...

love the feeling this mandala evokes in me...such a coming full circle feeling.

Unknown said...

so evocative...the ouroborus is one of my favorite symbols...i look forward to seeing all the ways you will shine with jupiter's expansive influence...oh audacious one!
~sueokieffe

Anonymous said...

I so love this mandala...and the intention....and of course the quote...Working from the inside out is perhaps some of the best work we do! Listening to our heart....
YOU GO! YOU ROCK!

Ann Christine Dennison said...

I have just been admiring your blog at the same time you are commenting on mine :-)))))) I will definitely be back!!! Have to go to bed now. Love this mandala, your use of pen and paints and the wise words!
:-) Christine

Anonymous said...

I love these two new mandalas.
So full of life and dimensional.

Anonymous said...

To answer the mailing or posting question, I planned to mail them (the ones to my mom) but actually I like the idea of just posting them. I did one exchange with a woman in Italy, and I mailed them. I look forward to see what she sent, and then I will have more of a sense about the tactile quality. So now that I write this, I think there's something that could be interesting to actually mail them.
I'm germinating an idea of gathering/exchanghing litter-al finds from everywhere (and then throw them away, so it stays ephemeral and eco-friendly!). If you do something too with that theme, please keep me posted and vice versa if I develop it too...
Peace and cheers,
Joanne
PS wow, you are inNY. Sometimes I feel we are all 'place-less' on the blog, so its fun to find out the geography.

Lisa said...

So
very
beautiful.

L.