Saturday, September 20, 2008

Letting go

Last year in class at Igor's, I started to put some paint on this round black mat board, just playing around. The center, the green stroke and a little of the purple and the tiny yellow dot are what remains... I added to it for our Mandala Oasis yahoo group's Autumn prompt.
Autumn to me is about letting go.
Lesson from the trees. In time, we all need to release that which is no longer helping us, that which is out worn or just taking up space, collecting dust!
Just LET IT GO!
Sometimes, it is just a little bit of letting go.. a gentle breeze and other times, it takes hurricane winds to release the tight grasp.
What do you need to release?
Emotions? A grudge? An opinion or feeling that you've held on to way too long?
Or is it the stuff in the closet... taking up space, that could be used for something else...
Another canvas that was started awhile ago... I may still work on it. Notice the same whirling leaves in the wind... yep. all about letting go............

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yes..the reminder of "letting go"...and as the song goes "Everything Must Change" - being willing to let go allows us to ride life's wave with more peace.
This is just beautiful.
thank you...
: ) Cheryl

Anonymous said...

Doreen,
This has an enchanted quality about it...like I could step right into it and be transported to another world, a different life...it's reminding me of that movie "What Dreams May Come" - especially thepart when the wife painted the landscape... an amazing movie - and your art just took me there!
In gratitude...
Cheryl

Anonymous said...

This is just wonderful! I love the depth in it and the colors and just everything

marianne said...

Wonderful mandalas! Are they round canvasses?
Wow!

Doe Grozs Art said...

Hey Cheryl, the only constant is change :-) so we should always be prepared to ride with it.. riding the wave.......
thanks for the comments my mandala friends :-)
Marianne, the letting go one is one a round matboard cut by my local framer... he's always giving me his "scrap". The other one is a canvas.
D.

ArtPropelled said...

Beautiful mandalas on this post. I love the top one and the idea behind it.