Monday, March 18, 2013

An after thought.....

It's funny how we go through these mind changes. Doubt creeps in and causes this disturbance of our value.
I'm not sure when exactly, while lying in bed, maybe just as I was waking most likely.. that time when we get these epiphanies... and my thought was "hey, there is that belief again about artist's.. I put in a lot of time with  my paintings and I should get paid.. and NOT a minimum wage either.  I had a plumber come in for 15 minutes and charged me 96.00! WTF!!! They are in a position to get it - we as artists have a commodity that is not a need (which could be debatable).  I understand art is not in the same category as food, rent, clothing... but it IS something that brings joy.. peace.. beauty.. even healing.
So, doubt be gone.
I do not want to play with you anymore.

No comments: