Saturday, December 09, 2006

Back to the Square.. Again



I finally cut some paper. I did a card with an angel and had intended to do another one on a 6"square, but her boots disapeared and became a tail. This is a funny thing about me and pencil drawings. I sometimes draw with pencil when I'm not sure what I want to do, feel unsure, lack confindence, blah, blah, blah.... It always changes. Once the pen is in hand or a brush for that matter, most often, it becomes something else.
She is the elemental goddess or "She wants it all".
I'll probably add some color later.
Feels good to get that pen back in my hand.
Maybe I need to move away from "that which works" in order to really see what does work.
I like this size. Although I am wanting to paint again, I just don't have the space (now). The journal, which isn't that big either, lets me explore stuff where I do need a bigger space.
But the 6x6 feels like home. Now what to do with them.....

No comments: